Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Next time on SIP (a theory)

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Yup, I think Darth and GC have the same horrible theory as I do... (I did the math first thing Mibbit! It came out as a bad omen)

    ...Fran and company (Freddie, Chuck, Brad, Mrs Peters & etc) all end up in Hawaii, where a pregnant Francine loses the baby and blames Katchoo for it.

    Ouch! That'll hurt!

    But wait, Katchoo apparently spoils Francine's wedding, or at least Mrs Peters gives Katchoo heck during/after it. Hummmm...

    And Chaos Butter? I get Tambi! Me me me! She loves cats, look at her big tattoo! lol!

    (notes that BOTH Smurfette and PhairaLore are first time posters and welcomes them warmly smile )

    ------------------
    No will but thy will
    No law but the laws you make

    Self-proclaimed "LairPet"...Wierder than the average cat!
    Captain TMI!...Resident Feline Expert! >^..^<

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Jumbo Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm all for a "Jaka's Story"-esque resolution (for the uninitiated, JS is one of the finer books of the Cerebus comic series, one of the three comics I feel is superior to SiP). Come on! David goes for paint, comes back to find that a maternal totalitarian regime has taken everyone off for reprograming.

    Honestly, SiP would be 100% better with an anthropromorphic ex-barbarian, ex-Prime Minister, ex-Pope, ex-house guest, ex-freedom fighter, ex-barman, ex-sane aging aardvark. What comic couldn't possibly benefit from that.

    And Cerebus could easily take Tambi. So there.

    -Jimbo

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    J.J., consider yourself anathema and excommunicate. tongue "Better than S.i.P.", indeed! Why, that phrase is patently self-contradictory.
    As has been stated before, Terry has an ending for the series, but not some arbitrary goal of 300 issues. The differences between S.i.P. and Cerebus are so many that it doesn't make sense to define one in terms of the other. Terry doesn't use his book as a soap box to denounce half of humanity and other creators. It sounds as if you are being deliberately provocative here, among people that Sim despises.
    "Cerebus could take Tambi." rolleyes Why not start a discussion about whether Superman could beat Captain America?

    ------------------
    Deo volente, Magiae adero.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member fallingstarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2001
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrasymachos:
    "Cerebus could take Tambi." rolleyes Why not start a discussion about whether Superman could beat Captain America?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I didn't even know Clark and Steve were gay! biggrin (and didn't Larry Niven discuss some of the reprecussions a long time ago). smile

    ------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

  5. #15
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    You don't have to be gay to "beat" another boy! (This is really straying from the origional topic! lol!) Beat as in BDSM I mean...

    Another Cerebus fan! Huzza! It's hard to talk about Cerebus to those who don't read it because there's a lot of mis- and dis-information about it (and Dave Sim too). But that's fodder for another thread I'd say. I don't know about it being "superiour" though rolleyes But everyone's entitled to their own opinion...

    Thank heaven that SiP will not "go away" after X number of issues! We need our SiP!



    ------------------
    No will but thy will
    No law but the laws you make

    Self-proclaimed "LairPet"...Wierder than the average cat!
    Captain TMI!...Resident Feline Expert! &gt;^..^&lt;

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fallingstarre:
    (and didn't Larry Niven discuss some of the reprecussions a long time ago). smile

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yes, in 'Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex'....

    As to 'mis' or 'dis' information about Sims and his 'vark, well, I used to work in a comic store, and I tried reading it, and didn't care for it. The issue of Spawn he wrote was one of the most insulting pieces of cr@p I have ever read (second only to Shi/Cyblade...why Terry, why did you let the girls guest appear in that, WHY?) His mysogeny is pretty well documented and admited by most of his fans. Still, he's not as bad as ol' Billy Bob Tucci.....but I hear they're friends...&lt;shudder&gt;

    &lt;end of good natured ribbing- One of my favorite books features a guy whose face looks like an @$$...so I'm not judging&gt;


    Darth

    ------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tucchi didn't come off too good in Going Home(and he was called Tusshi!

    I'm a Cerebus fan, and I think Sim's ideas are pretty bad. They seem to bring out quite a bit of hate(not the bigot kind. Not sure if I can say the same for Dave, though) in those who disagree with him. That's too bad, since his book is seminal to the indy comics.


  8. #18
    Inactive Member Jumbo Jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's fair to compare the two comics. Let's list their similarities, shall we:
    -They're independent
    -They're black and white
    -They're both comics

    Well there we go, that's certainly more than enough similarities. Admitedly, if you've read my previous thread, I'm a half-hypocrite, Cerebus SHOULD have ended some 80 issues ago, the epilogue is more that a little too long, but there is a deffinite ending. And honestly it reassures me that Sim isn't just stretching it out too long just for the money, but for the goal. Deffinitly not for the money, I recently heard the numbers of monthly readers... it was under 2K, but that's what rumored mysongony does to a comic, eh?

    Anyway, my earlier post was a joke. And once again y'all manage to tear apart my little asides. I think my posts from now on will constitute no more than one sentence.

    Done

    -Jimbo

  9. #19
    Inactive Member schwenky's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chaos Butterfly:
    Good point

    OK

    Tambi ends up with The Rock (I read he actually has a degree in Criminology-coincidence?)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    (de-lurk) Hmm...I'll ask him next time I'm at the gym (he works out at the same gym as I do).

    adam

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Pokey Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Am I the only one that's kind of unsettled at the idea of wrestlers in SIP? I mean, it worked ok for Love and Rockets, but there was really only the one wrestler and he wore a mask.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •